Thursday, June 13, 2013

O that I had Wings!


Because every now and then we all want to get away!

Bird outlines were found online.  Printed and cut them out.  Used a Heidi Swapp stencil with Gesso.  When Gesso was dried, I sprayed with Heidi Swapp sprays, removing excess from Gesso with baby wipe.Background started with several Caran d'Ache water soluble crayon colors randomly added then wet with paintbrush then sprayed so colors could mingle a little.  It was too bright for what I was looking for so added a smear of Heidi Swapp sprays over top and spread around with credit card.  Used some stencils and stamps.  The blue streaks come from a weird method I invented.  I took the chunk of dried Gesso from the top of my bottle and spritzed water into an empty well on my palate.  I dipped the gesso chunk into that water then dipped it in yesterdays (blue) watercolor that was sitting on my palate still. Just kinda scratched in the 'rain' using the blue tinted wet gesso chunk.  How is that for a method?  I like the effect, and will likely use it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment